Personal Injury and Compensation

We act on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.

Joe O’Hare has specialist expertise in personal injury and compensation law. Joseph O’Hare has acted in all types of personal injury cases. These have included motor vehicle, bicycle, motorbike, trucks, caravans and other type of vehicle accidents, workplace injuries, injuries occurring to and from work, public liability injuries, injuries suffered on a persons property or at a business premises. Joseph has been practicing in this area for over twenty-five (25) years and is able to offer a NO WIN NO FEE OR SPECULATIVE matter including an initial FREE CONSULTATION to take your instructions and assess your case. Instead of dealing with a number of people, you deal with the specialist lawyer who himself has suffered injuries and undertaken the compensation recovery process. Joseph understands the difficulties that are encountered and seeks to ensure that your compensation recovery process occurs in an efficient and sensitive manner to ensure that you achieve the compensation that you are entitled to.

If you are struggling to attend our office we are happy to visit you at your home at no extra cost.

Call Joseph O’Hare on 32668999 to make a time that suits you.

We are FOCUSED on getting you the maximum amount of compensation that you are entitled to.

We have the expertise to ensure you receive the maximum amount that is capable of being recovered.  Joseph O’Hare has achieved a high degree of success without the substantial fees that larger specialist firms may charge.

With one of our recent clients receiving a net payment of over $140,000.00 in compensation when she was advised previously that she would only receive half that amount.

An injured party was advised by another firm that she had no case when, whilst intoxicated in a vehicle driven by a person who was also intoxicated, the vehicle collided with a power pole and she suffered severe injuries. We succeeded in assisting her to recover a net damages award of over $90,000.00.

A pensioner who suffered injuries in a fall sought compensation and when she was rejected by other firms as she had a limited claim, we were able to ensure she recovered a sum of over $10,000.00 in damages net after our costs by our efficient and cost effective claims service.

A worker who was ridiculed by his employer for causing an accident and which caused him to suffer injuries came to us and we were able to recover a lump sum damages payout for him and to restore his credibility in his chosen trade.

Our results speak for themselves.

Give Joseph O’Hare a call to assess your rights.

MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS: If you have suffered a motor accident a few steps to take after the accident to assist you are:

1. Take a deep breathe and look around you. Check to see if you or your passengers are injured and if so call 000 and ask for an ambulance or ask someone to call an ambulance for you;

2. Secure your car by turning off the keys putting the car in park or neutral pulling on the hand brake;

3. Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, registration numbers and drivers license numbers from the other drivers involved. Try not to say too much and don’t talk about who is responsible for the accident. If the other drivers says you are the cause simply say no you are not. You do not need to engage the other driver in a debate;

4. Try and get photos (from your phone if possible) of the accident scene, the location of the vehicles, any skid marks and the damage to the vehicles;

5. Get the names, addresses, registration numbers and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident;

6. The accident must be reported to the police and a traffic number given to you even if there is minimal damage to any vehicles. Also organise the removal of your vehicle if it is not driveable; and most importantly

7. Take some time to sit down and let the stress and anxiety pass if you can. Perhaps whilst you are waiting for a tow truck or if your vehicle is driveable then before you drive away just sit down and take 10 minutes to relax.

After the accident if you have suffered an injury then you should make a claim. Severe time limits apply for injuries from motor vehicle accidents and a claim must be made within 1 month of the accident or within 1 month of seeing a solicitor. The final date for lodging a claim is 9 months from the date of the accident. If you do not lodge a claim within the 9 months or if you do not issue proceedings within 3 years of the accident then you lose your right to claim forever.

If you suffer an injury from an accident from a motor vehicle you may be entitled to recover compensation or damages. You may be entitled to this compensation as a driver rider passenger cyclist or a pedestrian. If you’re concerned about the costs of treatment we are able to have those costs paid by the insurer once a claim is made. Time limits apply and so it is important to contact Joseph O’Hare of our office to ensure your rights are protected.

We also offer a free consultation to assess your rights.


Very often you might feel guilty making a claim from your employer.

You shouldn’t your employer is usually insured by WorkCover. Further your employer is prevented from terminating your employment due to the injuries you may have suffered. Making a claim from your employer can include compensation for your pain and suffering your loss of wages (past and future) and your out of pocket expenses.

It is possible that an injury may reduce your working life in the future so it is important to ensure you seek advice and seek compensation if it is available to you. Our free consultation service can determine whether you have a claim even though you may think you do not have a claim. Our assessment of the circumstances can determine whether the system of work, the instructions to employees,the plant and equipment or any actions of a co-employee have been or are unsafe and thereby an action in negligence will lie.

Bringing these issues to the attention of the employer can also prevent a injury occurring to other employees in the future.

Time limits apply from the making a claim to WorkCover initially to the issue of the notice of claim after you have elected to reject the lump sum compensation offer made by WorkCover.

It is important to call Joseph O’Hare so he can assess your rights.


If you have suffered an injury as a result of an assault or action by a third party you are entitled to seek compensation against that person.

You can make a Financial Assistance application with Victim Assist Queensland.

We are able to help you with that application and determine whether you have a further common law claim against the person who caused the injury to you.

We act on a no win no fee basis and are able to guide you through the process.


You can get hurt at shopping centres, footpaths and even other houses.

Whilst it does depend on whether the occupier/owner has been negligent you are able to make a claim and recover damages for any injury you have suffered.

Time limits apply in these claims so it is important to call Joseph O’Hare of our office quickly to assess your rights.

Your claim can include not only your pain and suffering but also loss of wages out of pocket expenses such as doctors bills and physiotherapists costs and also any extra help that was needed around your home.

Contact O'hare Law today

Please complete the contact form to arrange a confidential discussion of your legal issues.

Max. file size: 64 MB.
Scroll to Top